Tuesday 11 May 2010

Spring has sprung...

So I’m wondering if these photos could be any more generic?!?


And yet I find them resolutely beautiful and inspiring... Spring has sprung and I’m as giddy as a gambolling lamb (more clichés – please don’t hate me!!!).


The patches of blue overhead seem to be growing daily and I can’t help but be totally charmed by the cherry blossom! I literally stop dead in the street and gaze up into the bountiful branches overhead. I’m sure I must appear to be some total lunatic to the not so nature loving inhabitants of Brixton (snapping young trees in two seems to be some sort or rite of passage in my post-code), but I am transfixed by the blooms…


Speaking/writing of blue skies, my mother-in-law told me a delightful family phrase for predicting whether you are going to have a sustained sunny spell. Not sure of the exact German translation but it basically amounted to “good weather for a good while if you can make a shirt out of the blue”. Charming or what?!?

Boat Drinks Blossom!

No comments:

Post a Comment