Tuesday 11 May 2010

A glum start...


I came across these ‘Reward’ posters on my journey to work and what a very depressing start to the day it was too. My heart simultaneously sank and was gripped with fear. Did I double lock my door??? Then I remembered that the homestead hadn’t been left vacant and that my husband was there to fight off the thieving hordes - phew! Although naturally I would prefer that he not have to do battle with a band of rampaging robbers unless strictly necessary…



I admire the bravery and the hopeful honesty of their plea. They have lost irreplaceable treasures (even if they are of the technological variety). They won’t mean squat to the person that pillaged them, so why shouldn’t the victim call them out (under the auspicious of offering a reward)!

I know it is highly unlikely, but if by some slim chance the culprits see these signs and would permit themselves a bit of a Frank Capra-esque softening, I just know this city would be a (somewhat) nicer place to live in.

Boat Drinks for the Optimists!

Bile for the Thieves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment