Sunday 6 November 2011

Last Night's Fireworks at Brockwell Park...


For reasons I am completely at a loss to explain (and exceedingly annoyed about!), Blogger has removed its video function, so I am unable to present the footage I loving shot last night (i.e. pointed my shaky Sony at...). The fireworks were moved this year from Clapham Common to Brockwell Park, to celebrate the bicentenary of the Grade II listed Brockwell Hall, and the location change certainly seemed to have deterred the crowds, which was just dandy with me! No stampeding hordes descending on Clapham and rendering the entire postcode a no-go zone. Apparently the festivities kicked off at 4pm, but we rocked up about 10 seconds before they lit the fuse on the first firework at 8 o’clock and then promptly exited as soon as the last bombette had faded in the firmament – happy in the knowledge that my council tax has been well spent for another year.

Boat Drinks Brockwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment